- Cauliflower – 1 medium
- Potato – 2 medium
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Raisins – 20
- Cumin (seeds) – half spoonful
- cumin-coriander paste – one spoon
- turmeric paste – quarter spoon
- red chili paste – half spoon
- garam masala powder – one spoon
- sugar & salt – to taste
- oil – 2 tbl spoon
- Rice (gobindo bhog) – half cup
- Soak the rice in water.
- Cut cauliflower and potatos.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry cumin seeds for few seconds.
- Add cut cauliflower and potatoes.
- Add salt and simmer, covered.
- Stir occassionally. When the cauliflower and potato pieces are half cooked, then put cumin- coriander, tumeric and chilli paste and fry for few miniutes.
- Put the soaked rice, cashewnuts and raisins and mix thoroughly. Fry it for some more time (5 minutes).
- Add water (just enough to cook the rice). Be careful while adding water.
- Too much of water may make the rice very sticky.
- Stir occassionally to avoid sticking. When the rice is cooked, add sugar and garam masala powder.
- Cook for few minutes till the water dries. This will also help to develop the flavours.
- Serve hot.
Source: Jayeeta Chakraborty