Gajar Halwa, Carrot Halwa Recipe – How To Make Gajar Halwa, Carrot Halwa – Gajar Halwa, Carrot Halwa Recipe.
- Shred plenty of carrot (2 or 3 pounds or more) in a food processor.
- Boil several cups of milk (more milk for richer taste) in a saucepan on stove top. Stir continuously, reduce volume. It can take 1 hour+.
- When milk is thickened, add shredded carrots. Stir continuously. Carrot will soften as it\’s boiled (seddho hobe).
- When the mixture is really thick, add several slabs of butter. (add 1/2 or 3/4 pound butter to 2 or 3 pounds of carrot- perhaps more) Add plenty of sugar (several cups- to taste). Continue stirring on stove top until liquid portions almost disappears.
- Remove. Add raisins, nuts, … to garnish.
CAVEATS (SABODHAN! SABODHAN!)
* Thickening milk is a long, tedious, and boring process- watch TV or do something while stirring. It can get burnt with even a little inattention.
* Late into the process, as the mixture boils- drops scatter hither-thither. Wear apron and oven gloves for protection.
Source: Arka and Sudeshna Chatterjee