- Lauki (gourd) – 1Kg
- Ghee – 1 tbs
- Moong dal – 2tbs
- Cummin seeds – 1teaspoon
- Green chillies – 5
- BayLeaf – 1 (make a paste along with cummin seeds)
- Coconut grated (Optional) – 3teaspoon
- Bayleaves – 2
- Sugar to taste
- Flour – 1tbs
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli – 1
- Cummin seeds – quarter teaspoon
- Fenugreek(Methi) – quarter teaspoon
- Aniseeds(Mouri) – quarter teaspoon
- Peel lauki and shred it finely. Roast the dal in a karhai and wash it.
- Put 2 cups of hot water in a pan and boil the dal in it with a little salt till it is half cooked.
- Then add the shreded lauki, cummin-bayleaf paste, green chillies, bayleaves cut into 3/4 pieces, sugar and salt and mix well. Stir from time to time.
- When the Lauki is cooked and water dries, remove it from fire. Heat ghee in a karhai add the seeds mixture, 1 red chilli. When it crackles, pour the cooked lauki on it.
- Add the grated coconut.
- Mix the flour and stir well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and cook for a minute.
Source: Atish Ray