This recipe is very rich in Vitamin E from the germinating seeds and is very good for your skin.
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Chopped cucumber – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped onions – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped green chillies – 1 tsp
- Chopped dhone pata (corriander leaves/cilantro) – 2 Tbsp
- Diced cooked potato – 3/4 cup
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- sprinkling of lime juice (optional)
- Soak the moong dal in water overnight, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and toss the salad. You can add as much or as little of the other ingredients.
- The potato can be either boiled or fried (or both!) but must be cut into small pieces.
- Makes for a simple yet nutritious breakfast.
Source: Samita Mukherjee