In Bangladesh, Borhani is a traditional yogurt drink served at wedding ceremonies. No occasion or ceremony will be arranged without Borhani. So, it is my pleasure to share with you the authentic recipe for Borhani.
- Plain Yogurt (white & sour) – 1/2 kg (1 kg = 2.2 pound)
- Mint Leaf (pudina leaf) paste- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaf (dhania leaf) pest- 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilly pest – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- White mustard seed powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Sugar – 3 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce- 1 teaspoon
- Chat salt (not normal white salt, it\’s called BIT NUN) – 1/2 tea spoon
- Normal salt – 1/2 teaspoon (as per taste).
- If you see, the yogurt is very thick, then add 1 glass (normal) of water but if not then 1/2 glass of water & beat until it becomes smooth.
- Now strain the mint leaf paste, chilli paste, coriander paste together with some (like 3 tea spoon) water & add in yogurt.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients into the yogurt & mix very well.
- Serve cold.
Tip: You must fry all the seeds (which I mentioned above) in low flame & then you will make them into powder, so that you can get the real flavor of them.
Source: Nayar Islam
i like borhani. [email protected].
italy is very nice country.
Ripon, Malibag, Dhaka
I make it by your recipe, Drink to delicious
আমরা খেয়ে দেখতে পারলাম না, তবে আপনার মন্তব্যটাই আমাদের কাছে “delicious”…
Babu frm kuwait
I know its a great drink after lunch but gosh we dnt hve time 2 prepare it. tnx.
I tried but it did not taste like the borhani which is normally served in the weeding ceremony at dhaka.
Pls give the recipe of “labang”
Thanks for nice borhani recipe
Very thanks,please send me borhani recipes with video
in my mai.pls pls pls.
howmany days can preserv borhani without preservetives and refrigeration ?
this is bloody tough.
i tried and mine, sucked 🙁
I tried it without the tomato and the mustard due to unavailability, it was splendid.
Mohammed S Rahman
better try with salt and dry cumin powder (roasted0.