- 5 sorts of Chunked Veg: Aubergine, Mooli/Radish, Seem/Flat Green Beans, Pumpkin, Potato
- Bay Leaves
- ‘Panch Phoron’
- Jeera/Cumin Powder
- Haldi/Turmeric Powder
- Chili Powder (optional)
- Green Chillies (optional)
- Coriander Leaves (optional)
- 1/4″ of fresh ginger, crushed
- Heat oil.
- Fry the aubergine chunks until soft.
- Take them out and keep aside.
- Drop the bay leaves and the `panch phoron’ in the oil.
- Fry with the rest of the vegetables.
- You might want to add the pumpkin a little later as it softens up fast.
- Fry the veg for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a little pinch of haldi, the ginger, a 1/2 spoon of jeera and a little chili powder.
- Add some salt-fry to blend the spices together and the `rawness’ of the masalas have turned into a spicy blend…you will smell the aromas!!
- Add about a cup of water- just enough to cook the veg in.
- Add green chili.
- When the radish and potato are soft, add the aubergines.
- If there is excess water, add a tiny sprinkling of flour to thicken the curry.
- Mix together well, and serve with plain boiled rice, and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
The Bose family