- Chicken Breasts Skinned – 1.5 lbs
- Coconut Milk – 1 1/2 Cup
- Green Pepper – 1
- Red Pepper – 1
- Onions – 2 Medium
- Mushrooms – 4 Medium
- Chinese Eggplant – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon and Cardamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Cut chicken into small peices and keep aside. Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
- Ginger should be grated. Put oil in a skillet over high heat. Add all cut vegetables and ginger.
- Add salt and simmer, covered.
- Stir occasionally.
- When the vegetables are half cooked, add the chicken peices.
- Keep stirring occasionally so that it is cooked uniformly. When chicken is almost cooked, add tumeric, cumin, coriander and chilli powder.
- Fry for some more time. Add the coconut milk. If the milk is very thick, then add water to bring it to desired consistency. But it usually tastes good if the coconut milk is thick. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Put the cinamon and cardamon powder before turning off the flame and stir well.
- Serve hot with plain rice.
Source: Jayeeta Chakraborty