Bhuna Khichuri 3
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Moog Daal 1/4 cup
- Moshoor daal 1/4 cup
- Rice 1/2 cup
- Potato 3 or 4
- Cauliflower 1/2 head
- Cumin 1/2 tsp.
- Grate ginger 1 tsp
- Tomato 1/2
- Green chilli 1 or 2
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Fry 1/4 cup of moog daal (dry-fry) til they are light brown.
- Add four cups of water and boil the daal (turn off the gas just before the first whistle).
- Put in 1/4 cup of moshoor daal (washed) and 1/2 cup of rice in the same container. Steam it until you get one whistle (again).
- Fry big pieces of potato and cauliflower and small pieces of onion on a pan. Save them.
- Then, on the same pan, throw in one teaspoon of grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 1/2 tomato (cut pieces), 1-2 green chilli, salt and sugar.
- Fry these ingredients on a low heat and let the flavor of the spices rise. Don\’t overcook them. Turn off the gas.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker and put in all the vegetables and spices. Stir it well.
- Put the lid back on and cook for another whistle. Your kichhuRi is ready.
- Eat. Could make use of papaR bhaja, achaar, or other goodies (Ilish maachh bhaja?).
Use a pressure cooker. It will cut down on your time substantially.
I do not have bengali keyboard so I am unabel to write it. But I like to make some comments about your website. I am a Benagli living abroad and my wife is a non-bengali.
She loves bengali foods and the matter of fact she wants to learn how to cook them professionally. This website has lots of recipe but the website is not in fuly english so it is difficult to navigate.
Also I can tell you that in overseas bangladeshi people also like to learn cooking bengali dishes and a well structured/categorised, ad-less, precisely detailed website for bengali dishes can be a huge hit and earn lot of hit.
Short videos with steps in a recipes can be helpful.Long videos with many people on it is not really helpful because people wants to see the steps not faces.
And fonts coudl be improved as it does not support some browser in a great way.
If you have a good business objectives with thsi website you may want to mirror the site in few places so people near it can access fast.
Also having the site for various audiences in different languages like English, Bengali, Arabic, French, etc. may get your website a massive hit. I understand that it is not easy to have the site in all of these languages but it is just an idea for you to consider if you are intending have a business with this site.
Let me know if I can help you with anyting or you have any feedbacks on my comments.
Md. Amzad Khan
Apnader Websit a khaber Toyrir sokol Uppokorn gulo shob Banglai Hole vhalo hoy. Karon Indian Khabar, Thai Khaber a Shomoshto Bishoy gulo bangla te holy e Vhalo Hoy.
Md. Amzad Khan
আপনাদের অয়েবসাইটে খাবারের যে সমস্ত মেনু দিয়েছেন তা সব বাংলাতে করলে খুবই ভালো হয়। কারন আমাদের দেশের খাবার তালিকা গুলো বাংলাতে করা আছে কিন্তু ইনডিয়া, থাইলেন্ড এর খাবার সব কিছু ইংরেজিতে করা আছে। তাই বাংলাতে সব থাকলে আমার মনে হয় খুবই ভালো হতো।