- salmon filet- cleaned and deboned
- Prepare a marinate of salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic grated, fresh chopped corriander leaves and a little lime juice.
- Rub it into the fish and leave for about 30 mins in the fridge.
- Then bake the fish at about 350 degrees for 40 minutes (make sure you turn it over after the first 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on the filet and bake for another 5-10 minutes (this gives a nice brown color).
- In the meantime chop onions , ginger , garlic and tomatoes.
- Make a nice kai (curry ) in a separate saucepan with little oil and the above chopped ingredients.
- Add salt, sugar, red chilli powder, green chillies to taste.
- Pour this curry over your baked fish – makes really yummy kalia!! Serve with piping hot rice!! enjoy!
Source: Mehendi Das
Leave a Reply