Gajar narkel halua
1. 1kg gajar( carrot), shredded
2. 1 narkel( coconut), shredded
3. 3/4 kg ( or as u taste)
4. 1/2 ltr milk
5. whole garam masala( 4/5 elach, 3 darchini, 2 bay leaves)
6. raisin 10, pesta badam 10, kaju badam 5.almond 5 (soaked in hot water & sliced)
7. 1/2 cup milk pow
8. ghee, 2 tbl sp
9. Rose water 1tblsp.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, sprinkle garam masala, add shredded carrot & stir for few minutes(3/4 min), pour milk & cook till carrot gets soft, add shredded coconut, mix for 2/3 minutes, add sugar & stir continuously till it gets dissolved & mix milk pow for a minute or two.
- Before leaving the heat, add rose wate, raisin, stir.
- Halwa is done.
- Garnish with nuts( pista, almond, kaju).
- You can serve like this way but what i do is-grease one dish with a little ghee & spread the halwa evenly on the dish & cut into pieces. Let it be cool completely, then serve it on the table.
- This is very tasty.