chicken-2lb. cornish hen, cut in medium pieces
whole white pepper coarsely ground-10-12,
sour cream-1 cup,
ginger 11/2″ (paste),
keora water-as desired (diluted in water),
onion -1 medium (crushed),
kaju paste-2 tbsp.
salt &sugar-as per taste.
- Marinate the chicken in sour cream, ginger paste, chili paste, salt sugar and diluted keora water for 2 hrs.
- Pour ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel,
- add clove, cardamom and cinnamon,
- fry the onion till golden brown,
- pour the chicken with the marinade,
- keep stirring for five minutes, cover,
- and cook over a slow fire,
- add water from time to time, as per desired consistency.
Source: Ronita Bhattacharya