curd (beaten)-1 cup
mustard oil-3/4 cup
chicken tandoori massala-1/2 pack (according to respective taste)
white pepper corns-8-10(crushed)
red chili powder-2-3 tsp.
cilantro chopped(to garnish)
- Cut the chicken in medium to large pieces, wash, pat dry. make a paste of curd, tandoori massala and 1/4 cup of mustard oil.
- Marinate the chichen with this paste and leave it for 3-4 hrs.
- Heat oil, add bay leaf, and red chili, coarsely crush the whole garam massala,
- and add it to the oil, as the spluttering begins,
- add garlic, ginger, and onion, stir fry till the onion turns golden brown,
- add tomato, let it soften, add the chicken with the marinade, keep tossing and turning, for five minutes,
- add red chili powder, keep tossing,
- add the potatoes, adjust salt, and add water as per required consistency,
- add white pepper, cover and cook over slow fire.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked (the chicken would definitely be done by then),
- add the green chilies and boil for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with steamed rice.
Source: Ronita Pathak