A head of Katla fish- 250gm,
Gobindovog chal (a sp.rice of W.B) – 500gm,
onion paste – 1/4th cup,
garlic paste – 1/4th cup,
ginger paste – 1/4th cup,
tomato puree – 1/2 cup,
red chilli powder – 2tsp,
turmeric powder – 2tsp,
garam masala powder – 2tsp,
dhania and jeera powder – 2tsp,
lemon juice – 2tsp,
whole garam masala – few,
bayleaves – 2,
whole jeera seeds – 2tsp,
salt and oil as required,
fresh corriander for garnish.
- Wash the head and marinate it with salt and turmeric powder.
- Fry it till brown. Soak the rice for 35 minutes. Heat a pan.
- Add oil and whole garam masala, jeera, and bayleaves.
- Now add all masalas and fry them for 10 minutes until oil removes from it.
- Add rice and mix it.
- Add now, the fish head and break it mixing with all masalas.
- Cover it for 15 minutes in a low flame and serve hot garnished with fresh corriander.