Moong dal 1 cup
Cauliflower 1/2 cup cut into quite small florets
Potatoes 1/2 cup cut same size as cauliflower
Raisins 1 Tablespoon (soaked in some water)
Water 4 cups
Sugar 1 small teaspoon
Salt As desired
Bay leaves 1 or 2
Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
Oil 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala 1 teaspoon
Green chillies a few chopped
1. In a wok roast the Mung dal , constantly stirring it from time to time for 8-10 minutes. The dal should turn a lovely golden. This has to be done quite carefully as the dal tends to get burnt very quickly after a certain temperature.
2. Wash the dal and boil it till its soft but not overcooked.
3. In a deep wok add enough oil to seperately deep fry the potatoes and cauliflower Fry till well cooked but not too soft. Remove and set aside.
4. Please remove all the debris if any from the oil and add in Bay leaves with Cumin seed Toss in chilli pieces and ginger paste. Fry for a minute or so.
5. Add the fried vegetables and the dal.
6. Add the raisins sugar and salt.Bring the dal to a boil. Add in Garam masala and ghee.
7. This is well enjoyed with fried Egg Plant and Hot white rice.
Source: Anupama Das