This is an a quick ‘n’ easy Indian dessert preparation. This was taught to me by Mrs. Parna Bhattacharya at Athens, Georgia when I first came to USA in 1995. Parna Mashi is no more in this world but her recipes will continue to linger forever.
This is a wonderful dessert for hot summers!
1 can of Mango Pulp (available in Indian Grocery stores)
32 oz. plain Yogurt
16 oz. sour cream
32 oz fruit cocktail cans
1 small scoop of raisins
1 small scoop of almonds or pistachios cut to small pieces
sugar to taste
- Whip together mango pulp, sour cream and yogurt using an egg beater or blender till the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Next, drain out all the juices from the fruit cocktail.
- Add the fruits to the pulp.
- Garnish with raisins and nuts.
- Put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Serve chilled.
Source: Bidisha Rudra