Salmon maacher Jhol
- 1 Salmon Steak (about 1/2 lb.)cut into 4 pieces.
- A few “Kalo Jeerey”
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Chilly Powder (I used Cayenne)
- Baby Potatoes – 4 (cut in 1/2)
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin powder
- 1 tomato – sliced and diced.
- Mustard Oil (3 Tbspns.)
- 1 tbsps. Mustard Powder
- Make a Paste out of the Mustard Powder and a few drops of water, cover and keep aside.
- Coat your fish steak with turmeric/salt and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat oil (Oil should be really hot, or the fish would tend to stick to the pan) in a pan and fry the fish.
- Take out the fish and keep aside.
- In same oil, slightly fry the potatoes.
- Take out the potatoes and keep aside.
- Add the nigela(“Kalo jeerey”) and lightly fry. Add turmeric powder, chilly, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add the potatoes and fry the masala for about 5 minutes on high heat.
- Add water (depends on how much jhol u want).
- Add the fish pieces.
- After the jhol has started boiling, add the mustard paste.
- 5 minutes later add the tomato pieces.
- Reduce the heat, and take off heat after about 10 minutes.
- Serve with Steamed Rice.
Source: Babu Roy