- 1 medium raw jackfriut peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 or 3 large potatoes
- Ginger 4 inch piece
- 2 medium Onions
- Spices (Cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala)
- Cooking Oil
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Cut the potatoes into halves. Boil the jackfriut and potatoes till they are cooked. Mash the jackfriut and keep it aside.
- Make a paste with the onions and ginger.
- Put oil in the skillet over medium heat and fry the onion-ginger paste till the oil separates.
- Add cumin-coriander-chili powder, garam masala, salt and little bit of sugar and fry the mixture for sometime.
- Add the mashed jackfriut and fry the mixture till the water dries up. Keep this mixture aside.
- Now mash the potatoes and divide them equally and roll them into balls like how you would do while making chops. Put the jackfriut mixture into each of these balls and shape them like chops.
- Now dip them in beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Source: Supratim and Ipshita Sanyal