- 1 medium jackfriut (raw)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- whole cumin seeds
- cumin powder, coriander powder, chili powder
- garam masala
- cooking oil
- salt and sugar to taste
- Cut the jackfriut and potatoes into small pieces.
- Boil the jackfriut pieces in salt water till they become soft (they should not be too soft).
- Put oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil becomes hot, put a teaspoonful of whole cumin seeds and bay leaves as phoron.
- When the cumin seeds begin to pop, put the potatoes and add salt.
- Fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Put 2 teaspoonfuls of cumin and coriander powder and a spoonful of chili powder and sugar.
- Add the boiled jackfriut pieces now and fry till the spices and the vegetables are cooked properly.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- When the gravy attains the desired consistency, add garam masala and ghee for the right flavor.
Source: Supratim and Ipshita Sanyal