Zucchini with Coconut
- 4 medium zucchini grated in a food processor
- Handful of hot green chilies
- 1/2 a coconut grated.
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Turmeric and salt to taste.
- 1 tsp kalonji to sizzle
- On a large, deep, non-stick saucepan heat oil (3 tblsps) and sizzle kalonji and 4/5 split green chilies.
- Pour in all of the grated zucchini at once and start stirring.
- After about 5 minutes on high fire, sprinkle salt and turmeric and stir and fry for a while longer taking care not to burn vegetable.
- Now cover tightly, lower heat, and steam for at least 8 minutes.
- No need to add water as zucchini releases enough water.
- Lift cover, stir, taste for doneness and add 1 tblsp sugar (or more if desired; this dish is supposed to be sweetish).
- Now turn heat to medium high, throw in the grated coconut and stir and fry until oil floats up to the top and almost all of the water evaporates.
- This may take 5 minutes or more.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with hot rice.
Source: Bharati Mitra