Aloo Chat (Potato)
- Potato(3 big ones or 5 small ones)
- Cucumber 1
- Onion 1/2
- Tomato 1
- Peanuts (a handful)
- ‘Jhuribhaja’ (optional)
- Tamarind pulp (1 teaspoon)
- Black Salt (according to taste)
- Chat Masala or ‘Bhaja moshla r guNro’
- Green chillies 4
- Boil the potatoes, let it cool and then cut it into small pieces.
- Put it aside.
- Chop the cucumber, onion, green chillies, tomato into very small pieces.
- Take a tsp of tamarind pulp in a cup and add some water with it, add the black salt and stir till it is complete dissolved.
- Add this to the mixture of cucumber, onions tomatoes and chillies.
- Add the potatoes now and sprinkle the Masala.
- Mix it lightly with the peanuts.
- Garnish with cilantro and ‘Jhuribhaja’.
Source: Rakhi Ganguly