This is an easy recipe for making sorse-jhal. Cooking time is 10-15 minutes. Preparation time: 5 mins
- Take 5-6 flounder fish fillet. Alternatively, you can also use Red Snapper fillets.
- Take a flat oven-safe bowl. Put the fish fillets on it and pour half a cup of mustard oil.
- Sometimes, to save on my stock of mustard oil-I mix 1/4 cup of mustard oil with 1/4 cup of any vegetable oil.
- The mustard oil is basically needed to bring flavor to this dish.
- Next, grind mustard seeds (1 and 1/4 tablespoons) in a coffee grinder.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder (optional), 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder and salt (to taste).
- Now mix all these spices with the fish in the bowl.
- Slit 3-4 green chillies and put them over the fish fillets.
- Cover the bowl with an aluminium foil.
- Finally, put it in the oven at bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Source: Bidisha Rudra