1. Filet of any firm white fish like whiting, cod or pollock
2. Lemon juice
3. Salt and ground black pepper
4. Onion, ginger and green chili paste
5. Beaten eggs
6. Bread crumbs
7. Oil for frying
1. Cut the fish into thin slices – approximately 3″ x 2″ x 0.3″
2. Mix the fish slices with salt, pepper, lemon juice and the onion-ginger-chili paste and allow to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Pour the beaten egg over the marinated fish slices and mix well.
4. Coat each fish piece with bread crumbs (making sure each one has enough onion-ginger-chili paste stuck to it).
5. Deep fry 2-3 at a time till golden brown, store uncooked breaded fries in the refrigerator or freezer for later meals.
Serving: Make sure you have a colorful salad to accompany your fish fries. They may be served as a snack, appetizer or with the main meal.
Sources: Dalia Ghosh