- Fish – 2kg (center bone river fish )
- Vinegar- 1 cup
- Ginger & Garlic paste- 5-6 tablespoon each
- tumeric- 1tsp
- green chilli paste – 7-8 tsps
- red chilli powder- 2tsp
- ajwain – 5 tbsp
- white pepper powder-1tsp
- methi powder – a pinch
- gram flour – 2 cup
- salt to taste
- orange colour – few drops
- Wash the fish and cut into thick slices and pat dry .
- Mix salt in Vinegar ,stir till the salt dissolves in vinegar and leave the fish in this mixture for half an hour.
- Take out each fish and place between two napkins so that the excess water is drained out.
- Then mix all the ingredients (from ginger garlic paste to salt) with gram flour.
- Add 14 tbsps of water and orange colour and make a paste of coating consistency.
- Apply the paste on both sides of the fish and arrange them in a tray and keep it aside for at least 30 min.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish over medium heat until well cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sprinkle lemon juice.
- Serve with cut onion rings.
Source: Suparna Pyne