Vegetable Charchari Recipe
- Cauliflower Leaves (Stalks)
- Cabbage Leaves (The ones which are on the outer side)
- Mustard paste
- Turmeric powder
- Salt and sugar to taste.
- Cut all the vegetables into longish strips.
- Put oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil becomes hot, put a teaspoonful of panch-phoron and dried red-chilli.
- When the seeds pops up, put all the vegetables. Add some salt and simmer covered.
- Stir occasionally.
- When the vegetables are half done, add mustard paste and half teaspoonful of turmeric powder and a bit of sugar.
- Mix the spices thoroughly with the vegetables and cook till the vegetables are fully cooked.
- You may have to add very little water if needed but usually this should not have any gravy.
- So keep stirring till all the water dries up.
- Serve with rice and daal.
Source: Jayeeta Chakraborty